BALANCE / FALLS
Many people struggle with disorientation and imbalance leading to one of the biggest healthcare problems today, balance disorders. And, since balance disorders can occur suddenly with falling, dizziness, vertigo, feelings of the room spinning many people have injured themselves which can result in significant injuries. Your symptoms might include:
- Dizziness or vertigo (a spinning sensation).
- Falling or feeling as if you are going to fall.
- Staggering when you try to walk.
- Lightheadedness, faintness, or a floating sensation.
- Blurred vision.
- Confusion or disorientation.
These symptoms can be a result from medication, health condition or problems with your inner ear. Proper testing as well as treatment can help improve ambulation and functions of daily living. Southern Neurology, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation will help diagnose the issue, develop a guided therapy plan and work with you on ways to lower your risk of falling and getting hurt during your daily routines.