NUMBNESS / TINGLING
Numbness and tingling or “prickling” sensations can happen anywhere on your body. Legs, feet, arms, hands and fingers are a few of the more common areas that experience altered sensations that can occur on the body due to damage of the nerve. Symptoms may include:
- Gradual onset of numbness and tingling in your feet or hands, which may spread upward into your legs and arms
- Sharp, jabbing or burning pain
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
- Lack of coordination and falling
- Muscle weakness or paralysis if motor nerves are affected
One or all of these symptoms can occur from compression of the nerve in the spine or different areas down the arm or leg. Southern Healthcare Alliance's team of experts can assess your problem and develop a treatment plan to help you which if treated properly, can decrease or potentially resolve the numbness and tingling sensation.